Torfaen Family Resource Centre
Torfaen’s Family Resource Centre helps parents and carers to understand and meet the needs of their children in a safe, supportive and caring environment.
At the Family Centre, we aim to provide a positive and supportive service to children and families so that everyone who uses the Centre has an enjoyable experience. We always aim to work in a fun and creative way.
Supervised contact – this is usually requested by a social worker when a court order of some kind is granted. Contact is then organised by staff at the Centre and supervised by family support assistants who are there to support you and observe your time with your family. These observations will be documented and given to the child’s or children’s social worker.
Support for families – a wide range of community-based support services is offered, including:
- Self-esteem and confidence building
- Youth groups
- ‘Keep safe’ work, to help children keep themselves safe from abuse and/or bullying
- Life story work
- Individual direct work with children, which looks at their specific emotional needs
- Parenting courses – you need to speak to a social worker about these
- Promoting family activities within the community
Family Resource Centre Wesley Street Cwmbran NP44 3LXGet directions on Google Maps
Telephone: 01633 648112/648113
We are open:
- 09:00 - 17:30 - Monday
- 09:00 - 19:30 - Tuesday
- 09:00 - 17:30 - Wednesday
- 09:00 - 17:30 - Thursday
- 09:00 - 17:00 - Friday
- 09:00 - 12:00 - Saturday