Digital Maternity Records
Badger Notes is the online portal and app that allows you to access your maternity records over the internet through your PC, tablet device or mobile phone.
The information that you view is generated in real-time from your hospital-based maternity system record, using details entered by your midwife or other health professionals involved in your care.
What are the key features of the system?
- A week-by-week timeline of your pregnancy
- Learn about your baby’s development
- Access information recommended by your midwife
- Learn about events likely to happen each week
- View your booked appointments
- Write a personal diary entry and add a photo
- Enter BP or pulse oximetry readings if asked to do so by your Midwife
- View extracts of information direct from your medical Record
- View the members of your care team
- Watch the ‘Antenatal care summary’ report grow into a record of some of your key pregnancy events
What are the benefits?
Digital notes have replaced our handheld notes. There are a number of benefits to using digital notes over paper notes, and these include:
- Information can be shared with you directly from the maternity system
- Records can be easily updated at each maternity visit or appointment
- Midwives do not have to double enter data onto paper handheld notes
- Only those with the correct login details are able to access the notes.
- You can add information regarding:
- Yourself, such as your occupation and any allergies. This can be discussed with your midwife at your booking appointment
- Your plans and preferences for birth
- Feedback regarding your antenatal care, labour and birth experiences.
How secure is it?
• All information is held securely and cannot be accessed without the correct login details (similar to internet banking).
• Badger Notes is powered by BadgerNet, the same secure platform used by healthcare professionals involved in your maternity care.
How to access Badger Notes on your smartphone or tablet
To access Badger Notes on your PC:
You can login to Badger Notes via https://www.badgernotes.net.
The booking team will use your email address and mobile phone number you provided in your referral to set up your access.
You will need to register for your account by using your email address and, the pass phrase will be given to you by your Midwife. After entering these on the app you will be sent a verification code via text to your phone.
Upon entering the verification code, you will be prompted to create your own password.
Once you have logged in you will be prompted to create a 6-digit PIN to use on your phone/tablet for quick access.
For added security we recommend that you set a lock-screen password on your device if this is not already present.