Concerned about your weight ?
CONNECT is the first Tier 3 Specialist Weight Management Service for Children and Young People (CYP) in Wales, covering the whole of Aneurin Bevan Health Board. We are a team of professionals working together with CYP and their families to help manage their weight and improve their physical and emotional health. The team is made up of a paediatrician, specialist dietitian, specialist nurses, psychologists and a therapy assistant practitioner.
CONNECT work directly with the CYP and their families and also link in with other health professionals such as GPs, health visitors, school nurses and teachers to provide an individualised service that meets the CYP’s care needs.
click the logo to find out about the service
- Change 4 Life – recipes & snack ideas
- Eat well NHS – Eat well
- Eat well guide NHS - The Eatwell guide
- Healthy eating for teen NHS - Healthy eating for teens
- British Dietetic Association (BDA) Food Fact Sheets
- Tameside & Glossop Integrated Care NHS via BDA website – Five Day Meal Planner
- Change 4 Life – activity ideas
- Dynamic Dudes Bangor University
- S4C Cyw – Cyws 31 Day Challenge (available in Welsh & English)
- Play on Development – Live sessions on Facebook (able to watch back) offer ‘Little Legends’ activities such as rugby