'Help I'm in crisis'
How do i get help in a crisis?
If you are upset and having thoughts and urges about hurting yourself, someone else or ending your life then stop, take a deep breath and read this page:
A crisis is any situation in which you feel you need urgent help. For example, you might feel in crisis if:
- You are having suicidal thoughts and feelings
- You are having thoughts about harming yourself or someone else
The table below gives some general information on how you can get help in a crisis:
|What's happening||Ways you can get help|
|You think you may act on suicidal feelings, or you have seriously harmed yourself||
|You are feeling extremely distressed, or are experiencing suicidal feelings||
|You need medical help or advice fast, but it's not an emergency||
|You're worried that you might experience a crisis in the future|
Let someone know you do not feel safe or are struggling (a parent/carer or professional helpline).
NHS Mental Health Triage Service
You can call 111 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) or visit NHS 111 Wales and speak to the NHS Mental Health Triage Service.
The NHS 111 Wales mental health triage service provides advice, support and guidance, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for anyone living in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
The Mental Health Triage Team has a wide range of skills, including on the phone brief psychological support and has access to key services and organisations that can offer mental health support to people in their time of need.
This service can also be also used by GPs and other healthcare professionals, the emergency services, mental health charities and any other organisations that come into contact with people experiencing a mental health crisis.
- There are people who will listen, help and support you through this; it’s ok to ask for help.
- Just like stormy weather, strong feelings and urges will pass; it will not always feel this bad.
- Thoughts are just thoughts, we do not have to follow them. There are many other ways of managing other than harming yourself.